Pikes Peak Radio Amateur Association Forums
Don't forget to log in to have full access to your club's forums or other special forums.

If you are a member of any Rocky Mountain area Ham Clubs, let me know and I can create dedicated forums for your club.

PPRAA meets each second Wednesday. For the rest of 2012, we will meet at the Powers iHop (located at the corner of Powers Blvd and Stetson Hills). There will be Megafest Planning at 6pm, and the general meeting at 7pm. Megafest raffle tickets are now available!!! Check the website for more details: www.ppraa.org

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Don't forget to log in to have full access to your club's forums or other special forums.

If you are a member of any Rocky Mountain area Ham Clubs, let me know and I can create dedicated forums for your club.

PPRAA meets each second Wednesday. For the rest of 2012, we will meet at the Powers iHop (located at the corner of Powers Blvd and Stetson Hills). There will be Megafest Planning at 6pm, and the general meeting at 7pm. Megafest raffle tickets are now available!!! Check the website for more details: www.ppraa.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best VHF and HF

2 posters

Go down

Best VHF and HF Empty Best VHF and HF

Post by Bill kc6ycy Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 pm

I am New To the area and have just unpacked some of my equipment and just wanted
to know what repeaters were the most used.

thank you
Bill kc6ycy

Bill kc6ycy

Ham License : General
Ham Interests : all radio

Back to top Go down

Best VHF and HF Empty Re: Best VHF and HF

Post by K0WTF Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Hey there Bill! Welcome to the area!

By far the most widely used VHF repeaters in the area are the 146.970 (100hz tone) and the 147.345 (currently no tone).

The 97 is quite high up and is a very large coverage repeater.

The 345 is not quite as high, but is equipped with IRLP.

hope that helps!

K0WTF

Ham License : General
Ham Interests : APRS, Packet
Job/hobbies : Professional AV nerd.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum